Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The King of Dirty Dutch

On Sunday night I made my way over to The Music Box Hollywood to see none other than DJ Chuckie. He blew me away at EDC Vegas with his prime song selections, mixing skills, and overall phenomenal energy so when he announced his Hollywood show, there was really no question.

He opened by debuting his brand new song Who's Ready to Jump which features his own vocal samples from EDC Vegas as the main "chorus". The crowd seemed to absolutely love the new song and of course I was happy reliving his stellar EDC performance. After requesting that he play my current favorite jam, Chuckie kept his word and song #3 was his remix to Mohombi's Bumpy Ride. He also played many other favorites such as Let the Bass Kick, Move it 2 the Drum (feat. Hardwell), his LMFAO remix I'm DJ Chuckie B*tch, his Chris Kaeser remix Who's In The House, and the Gregori Klosman remix to Avicii's Sweet Dreams (fell in love with this track when he first played it at EDC). He also played a sick version of Laidback Luke's Til Tonight mashed with Congrorock's Babylon that I had never heard before.

It's not only safe to say that he's the 'King of Dirty Dutch' but I'm about to give him another impressive title - my #1 favorite DJ. Way to go Chuckie, keep cranking out the bangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment